Here are some questions we get asked frequently, we also recommend checking out our Glossary of Cannabis Terms for more info.

How old do I have to be to consume legal marijuana?

For recreational use, you must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume cannabis. For medical use, you may get a recommendation if you are 18 years of age or older. In some cases, you may get a medical recommendation if you are under 18 with the consent of your legal guardian. However, if you are under 18 you cannot purchase cannabis products yourself. Acquisition of cannabis will need to be done on your behalf by your designated provider (guardian) and you must carry your medical recognition card.

To purchase recreational cannabis, do I need to bring my ID every time?


Where can I legally smoke cannabis or consume cannabis products?

WA state law prohibits use or consumption of cannabis products in “view of the public”. Keep in mind that “no smoking’ areas also prohibit smoking cannabis.

Can I smoke cannabis or consume cannabis products and drive a car?

It is not lawful to operate a motor vehicle with a level of 5 nanograms per milliliter of THC in the blood, as detected by a blood draw.

What is the quantity of cannabis products I can purchase per visit?

Per Washington state law, you can only hold one ounce of marijuana flower (28 grams), 7 grams of extract or concentrate for inhalation, 16 ounces of infused product in solid form, or 72 oz. in beverage form for both edibles and topicals.

Can I take marijuana home if I live in another state or country?

No. All cannabis and cannabis products purchased in Washington must be consumed in Washington in accordance with state law.

I will be visiting from out of state. Can I still purchase recreational cannabis in Washington State?


Can I purchase cannabis products to resell?

No. It is a violation of state and federal law. Only state licensed retailers may retail cannabis or cannabis products in Washington.

What is Canna4Life’s return policy?

Sorry, but no returns or exchanges can be made once a product has been opened or has left the store.

Are minors allowed to purchase medical marijuana?

Qualifying patients between eighteen and twenty-one years of age with a medical cannabis recognition card may purchase products for their personal and medical use. Qualifying patients who are under the age of eighteen with a recognition card and who are accompanied by their designated provider (guardian) may enter Cann4Life’s store, but may not purchase products for their personal medical use.

Am I required to submit personal information to be added to a database to purchase recreational marijuana?

Nope, all you need to provide is your valid state ID card or driver’s license and be 21+ years of age.